Nash!Com Database Catalog
Nash!Com Database Catalog is a powerful administration tool that can be used by administrators to supervise databases within a whole domain.
In addition it provides a kind of library for users where they can find databases they already have access to or databases they need access to. Therefore the databases does also provide a "Databases Access Request Workflow" that is fully integrated into the administrative part of the database.
Almost every technical information that can be retrieved from a database can be displayed in views or forms.
The following scenarios describe typical problems that can be solved by this database catalog:
- locate databases on multiple servers
- Security analysis of database settings like ACL, Consistent Access, Maximum Internet Access, Default Access
- check database sizes, fulltext size, maximum size, quotas
- find databases that are outdated, not in use any more
- find databases that do not replicate due to invalid settings or missing replication schedules
- check database settings like "cutoff delete" or "never replicate" and "do not list in database open dialogue"
- find databases that do not have a design template or check the template inheritance of databases
- get an overview of all Agents scheduled in the whole domain including private agents
- check for agents that do not run because
a.) they are scheduled on the wrong server or
b.) signed by a person who left the company
- get overview of all server's notes.ini settings
- Have an overview of databases they should have access to (Database Library)
- Automated database access workflow that link end-users, people who own the database and administrators who setup the ACL
For more details check NashCom Database Catalog Documentation